Thursday 25 February 2010

A race against time

My sole focus is on being fit for the Centurion 5 mile race on 7 March.

The hamstring is showing signs of (slow) recovery. I ran 8.5 miles tonight, albeit this was at around 6m 10s pace, so hardly breaking the speed of sound. Still, no damage done to the leg, although if I were a gambling man, I would say if the race were tomorrow and I went flat out the odds would be against me so far as winning were concerned. The run was followed by 30 mins on the bike, so a good session all in all, especially after 95 mins on the bike last night.

Fountains 10k is 2 months away - looking forward to that, and also seeing my parents loft conversion which should be nearly ready by that time.

Entered for my first triathlon of the year - East Leake on 28 March. Better get to the swimming pool - I haven't swam properly for about 3 months, but as long as I can get down to 7m for 400m I'm very happy. Will need at least two good sessions in the pool to achieve that, plus a bit of adrenalin! I'm hoping to venture outside on my bike sometime soon, although winter shows no sign of departing yet. Can't wait to put the super wheels on and fly.

Hopefully getting a small bonus from work soon. Can't really modify the bike any more, so looks like I will have to treat the wife to something instead! Life is tough sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment