Wednesday 21 April 2010

Lazarus

Been a while since my last blog mainly because of depression through injury.

I managed to race in the Easter Monday 10 mile on 5 April and was 2nd in 56m 39s. Really pleased (and with the prize money!) but I was held back by a calf injury in the right leg which then spread to the left leg as I had over-compensated in the race.

Unable to barely walk for 2 weeks I took matters into my own hands and treated myself to a self-harm session. No, not beer or drugs, but a deep tissue massage to unravel the clots/knots in my legs. Those who have had intenes physio know of that pain, but fingers crossed it has worked a miracle cure. Who knows, maybe the BlackSheep Gods have intervened for me.

From zero running to a 5k run on Tuesday, and then a 10k run today. Not super fast but fast enough and more importantly pain-free enough to cause me to be optimistic about not only making the start but also of finishing in one piece. Hopefully I can make a good fight of it with the leaders but I will of course miss the 2+ weeks of not running, but as long as I have two legs that can run pain-free I will use my lion heart to do the rest. My rivals legs may be in better shape and better prepared, but if I'm in touching distance with two miles I'll be happy to test their mental strength.

Will be making the trip north with the new Adidas Adizero shorts I bought today. All that remains is wrapping up in cotton wool and thinking about what footwear is best - the course should be dry given the forecast so I think it's the newish T6 racers.

No comments:

Post a Comment