Sunday 17 January 2010

Racing can wait ... for now

I have been trawling through the internet and magazines trying to get together some sort of racing hit-list for 2010. I seriously got about as far as April, and that was not even looking on Runner's World. March seems to be Duathlon month, with one a weekend a distinct possibility. However, given I want to spent time with the family (unless they want to come with me!) and not wanting to overdo things early on in the season, I think I will choose maybe 2. March can be dodgy weather-wise for cycling, so it's a case of wait and see for those races.

My first foree Up North may come in the Fountains 10k on 25 April. I am really looking forward to representing the Harriers on home territory - and if I can stay injury-free between now and then, given the training programme I am doing, I have high hopes of being able to attack courses knowing that my body will back me up.

Training is going very well. Press-up record is up to 87! Spent 90 mins on the bike today which is another record for the turbo trainer. Listening to Queen on the stereo helped me out - "The Show Must Go On" - even if I'm tired. My wife swears I was literally steaming when she came to speak to me on my bike today - so I must have been putting in some serious effort!

Have been reading a very good Christmas present of mine - The Triathlete's Bible. A good section on nutrition - so I'll be eating a bit more tuna (even though I don't really like it) from now on to increase the protein intake. Another good section was Mental Toughness. No idea if I possess all the characteristcis for Mental Toughness (or "mental metality" as my Dad would say) - but two things I do know is that I never give up, and I don't fear anyone. The only fear is fear itself, and I'm not sure if I fear fear!

No comments:

Post a Comment